Helpful Hints & Tips
Your photo shoot will be fun and relaxed so you get the most out of it and look your very best.
* Ensure your hair looks its best; make sure your colour is fresh and have it cut prior to your photo shoot.
* If you are having your make-up applied by us, come with your face cleansed, toned and moisturised ready for make-up application.
* Have your nails done. Go for a natural look i.e. French Manicure or light polish or a classic red.
* If you really must fake tan, it should be very light, natural & fresh.
Boudoir/Glamour - What to wear
* Bra & Knicker Sets - find a set that makes you feel amazing. Make sure to get fitted to find your perfect bra size, most leading department stores offer this service free of charge.
* Babydolls/Chemise/Corset/etc - find lingerie that hugs you in all of the right places. Babydolls can sometimes add extra bulk where there isn’t any, so be aware of that.
* Sweaters - big comfy sweaters that flow off the shoulder to give a hint of skin are super sexy.
* Garter belts & stockings - can add a little extra something to the images. When buying thigh highs to go with your garter belt, get the ones without elastic.
* Something of his - a favorite shirt or perhaps an item that is meaningful to him.
* Dress - that sexy little black dress you have hiding in your closet. Boudoir doesn’t have to be just about the lingerie, it can be about how gorgeous you feel in that little dress of yours that you keep for special occasions.
* You can also bring your wedding dress for a very bridal boudoir look.
* Heels - the higher, the better. You won't need to walk in them, however when it comes to photos you’re going to want to get the highest heel you can. Nude heels are great for adding length to your legs & black heels always look fabulous. Stay away from shoes with ankle straps, they cut your feet off at the ankles making your legs look shorter.
* If your outfit is sheer and you don’t want nipples showing through, bring along some breast petals in your skin tone to give some extra coverage.
* Jewellery - long necklaces, dangling earrings, rings, diamonds, pearls, etc.
* Robe - these can be great accomplices to the bra & knicker sets.
Fashion Portraiture Shoot - What to Wear
*Look in high-end magazines such as Vogue, Elle, Vanity Fair & Cosmopolitan for the latest fashion and styling ideas.
*Don't be afraid of trying something new or completely different - this is a chance to be your own Fashion Editor.
Bringing a friend
You are welcome to bring a friend for moral support and I allow just one female friend to sit in with you on your shoot if you like. Men are not allowed in during Boudoir/Glamour Shoots. Space can be very limited both during the make-over and the shoot itself, it is best to avoid bringing children as there are a lot of wires and lighting equipment around.
Please be realistic about what can be achieved with final editing. The most difficult body areas to edit are stomachs. If this is your main problem area then do bring outfits that will cover this up (corsets do this well and have the added bonus of pulling you right in!). Otherwise, we will be limited as to the variety of shots we can do.
If there is anything else, I am always happy to answer any questions you may have.